What Is Slow Selling?
Selling is a noble profession that:
Should add value by getting the right products to the right people in the right place at the right time
It should help people get what they need in order to be successful and happy in their lives
But a terrible thing has happened to this noble profession over the last couple of hundred years.
As mechanisation, brands and one way mass media has dominated the world of commerce: this world of plenty and over supply has severely warped the world of selling to such an extent where it has almost become a dirty word.
- Quick fix ‘selling techniques’
- Over egged marketing promises
- Customers being hoodwinked or ignored
Which results in:
- Unnecessary stress and aggro
- Massive customer indifference
- Continual customer switching
- Underperformance against targets
- At extreme levels, fraud and cheating becoming standard
But the world has now changed.
We are in the age of organisational transparency, two-way mass communication, worldwide whistleblowing and online customer empowerment.
This ‘brave new world’ calls urgently for a return to traditional values, such as:
- Customer attraction through genuine attention and value
- Unconditional trust
- Customer retention and reputation
- Customer engagement through feedback and collaboration
This is the ‘Slow Selling’approach to selling:
‘Slow Selling’ is about treating your customer as you’d want to be treated, in everything you do, so that they queue up to buy from you, buy all they can from you, become fiercely loyal and rave about you behind your back.
To read the full ‘Slow Selling Story’, please click here.
‘Slow Selling’ is a not for profit movement for change, and you can join in.
We welcome your input in any constructive form.
As a first step, you may want to join our email update list to be kept up to date on all developments and receive tips, ideas and invitations by email.
If you like the sound of this so far, then we think you’ll love the ideas we put forward.
Please note: ‘Slow Selling’ is protected by copyright and trademark: it is free to use but, in order to maintain integrity & quality, any user MUST:
1. Be professionally trained by a trainer approved by us.
2. Commit to monthly CPD via our systems.
We'd love to hear from you
Do you like the ideas of ‘Slow Selling’?
'Slow Selling' is a not for profit movement aimed at making a difference in the world of selling: click here to join our email list so you can keep up to date